7.3.12

Touch My Stitches #16: Detached Chain Stitch

Day 272 Week 7 of 52 of the TAST Challenge. The Detached Chain Stitch or Daisy Stitch or Lazy Daisy Stitch.
(See the end of this post for all my previous links.)

Still continuing to catch up on all my TAST stitches but slowly getting there, yay!  I was going to work this piece in all white originally but then I was sitting here in my studio and saw the vintage wooden spool of red thread and knew that was where I had to go next.  This is a part of my whole, go with the flow plan, and not trying to predict where each piece will take me.  I feel like this is allowing me to enjoy and focus on the stitches more, be a part of the process.


I went with the cliche' flowers on this one.  No originality.  BUT I was going to stop here and now I have spied another color of thread on the vintage shelf that will fill in the flowers on this lattice work better AND I am going to continue it all the way around the border. 

I LOVE wooden spools. Found a big lot of these while out thrifting one day, in a tool box under a bunch of rusty tools and the owner just wanted to get rid of them so I walked out with a steal...and I am using them which is a bonus to me.


 Not all of my stitches are perfect, I was chatting and watching my kids while they were at their activities so I would make them too wide or make the attachment too far from the stitch.  I did go back and correct some of the more horrendous mistakes but for the most part I left it alone.  I also have been adding some free floating petals to this 'scape (I seriously need to come up with a name for this one.).   I have in mind to float some more petals across the center too.

You can see I still haven't soaked off the marks from the border stitches.  I couldn't wait to start on the next stitch though.  I can see in my head what this part will look like with the additional of more colored flowers and will most likely finish that part before moving on to the next stitch-3 more to go and then I will be caught up to this week!



Find all the weekly TAST stitches that I have completed HERE.

Take A Stitch Tuesday (TAST)<<--Come check it out and join in!








1 comment:

  1. This is going to turn out fabulous... I like that the stitches aren't perfect... it makes it *that* much more special.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Page Tracker

Pagerank

Labels

Sewing (135) Girls (90) family (87) Inspiration (78) Holiday (48) Nature (41) Backyard (38) vintage sewing (38) thrifting (36) hand sewing (35) Taichi Tabananica (33) cats (30) recycle sewing (27) Mad Scientist Monday (24) music is art (23) hand embroidery (22) 365 Challenge (20) embroidery (20) Memory Lapse (19) Scenes from my Sketchbook (19) Silence will Fall (19) homeschooling (19) Touch My Stitches (17) art (14) Cooking (12) Scrapbusting (12) 80s (11) costumes (11) fabric collage (11) S#*ts and Giggles (10) Tshirt Blanket (10) vintage fabric (10) altered book (9) Covered in Stitches Contest (8) Flashback Creations (8) a good book (8) contest (8) crafting (8) flowers (8) sketching (8) Halloween (7) Sunday Best (7) Tshirt Pillow (7) beads and stones (7) books (7) Japan (6) Touch Me Thursday (6) business is an art (6) buttons (6) clothes (6) snow (6) Friends (5) Momtastic's Whimsey (5) New Mexico (5) Whimseybox (5) christmas (5) colorful blankets (5) cosplay (5) fabric (5) Albuquerque (4) Classes (4) Copic (4) Momtasterrific Craftery nights (4) needlepoint (4) painting (4) pillows (4) sewing machines (4) stuffie (4) vintage goodies (4) vintage patterns (4) aprons (3) crafting for a cause (3) doctor who (3) felt creations (3) movies (3) paper collage (3) woodland friends II (3) Acts of Kindness (2) Aki Matsuri (2) Artfire (2) Comic Con (2) Creative Lair (2) Easter (2) HB Happy Stacker (2) Mediterranean Viewscape (2) Memory Gifts (2) Memory Pillows (2) Space (2) Summer (2) UrbanThreads (2) Video Games (2) antiques (2) birthday (2) crafting event (2) dog costume (2) feltie (2) kid art (2) memory blankets (2) ornaments (2) recycling (2) roses (2) scarves (2) sculpture (2) upcycling (2) working on (2) 1 million pillowcase challenge (1) 10% (1) 70s (1) 8mm (1) ATC (1) Chinese Calligraphy (1) Craft and Cake (1) Give Back (1) Giveaway (1) Haunted House (1) Home Renovations (1) IHSW (1) Int'l Hermit and Stitch Weekend (1) Kiva (1) Lovelight (1) Monkeys (1) Mother's Day (1) Operation Castle Redo (1) Pens and Markers (1) Scotland (1) Spongebob Squarepants (1) Tabjuice (1) anime (1) architecture (1) bags (1) batik (1) colcha (1) collaboration (1) craft night (1) crocheting (1) curtains (1) decorating (1) doodle (1) forest fire (1) hair (1) jewelry (1) kid pranks (1) knick knacks (1) linens (1) manga (1) masks (1) monsters (1) nerd goodness (1) pokemon (1) printing (1) raven (1) repairs (1) ribbon (1) shells (1) snaps (1) solstice (1) star trek (1) steampunk (1) stockings (1) thread (1) vampires (1) weaving (1) website (1)