3.10.10

Do you too feel like you are living in a Talking Heads album?

Day 110

""Time isn't holding up, time isn't after us
Same as it ever was, same as it ever was
Same as it ever was, same as it ever was
Same as it ever was, same as it ever was""
--Once in a Lifetime, Talking Heads

...letting the days go by....

...so I spent the entire weekend-minus cleaning time and eating, bathing and hanging with the kids-well maybe not so much bathing which could explain why no one else spent time in my sewing lair that and the fact that I had my favorite station on Pandora turned way up....that would be 'Classic Punk/New Wave' which I sort of take offense too because while yes I may BE a Classic I do not consider myself old enough to have the music that got me through much teen angst listed in the 'Classic' category.

In my weekend cleaning and purging I found one of my old jean jackets from those angsty years (boo on you, yes I still have my jean jacket I mean I didn't know if one day I wanted to wear it again, you know for nostalgia and all that sh!t) and as I had it hanging in the pile of 'maybes but can't yet let go' my tweenager declared it her property....and it almost fits but it totally works on her and looks much better than it ever did on me---oh yes she did pop her collar...hmm perhaps I will also go dig out all those cool military style pins I used to wear on it as well
Are you totally digging that skirt? Got it at my favorite thrift store it was wardrobe stuff from Universal Studios that was donated....cool eh?! Got a whole pile of great movie wardrobe castoffs!! Don't worry I don't think this kid will go all 'Pretty in Pink' on me...she is way too 'Push' for that
Anyway, we slapped a dragon applique on and some Chinese characters that mean -electric, wind and fast- they just looked cool--and that makes it totally her and not me so I LOVE it! Perhaps she will keep it and give it to her daughter one day who will add her 'signature' to it as well?! Rock on girl and rock it most excellently!

These are a blast from the past but I am working on making a bunch of little owlets....

and some owl pillows.....

even G2 worked on her Hannah blanket which required no sewing only tying the ties!

and I finally figured out what to line my boring white curtains with...real simple just measured, cut and sewed them to the existing curtains....this is an Amy Butler Lotus line print...they really do catch the light in a pretty way as the sun rises

and Sokka is not minding the view either....the view from his basket, with his eyes closed.


working on some other boring stuff but this was the best of the weekend. What are you gonna create tomorrow?

And hearing 'Video killed the Radio Star' is my clue to exit gracefully--how many of you knew that was the first video on Mtv...how many of you have actually watched videos on Mtv? HMMM? How many of you are cringing that 80s stuff is back in fashion?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Page Tracker

Pagerank

Labels

Sewing (135) Girls (90) family (87) Inspiration (78) Holiday (48) Nature (41) Backyard (38) vintage sewing (38) thrifting (36) hand sewing (35) Taichi Tabananica (33) cats (30) recycle sewing (27) Mad Scientist Monday (24) music is art (23) hand embroidery (22) 365 Challenge (20) embroidery (20) Memory Lapse (19) Scenes from my Sketchbook (19) Silence will Fall (19) homeschooling (19) Touch My Stitches (17) art (14) Cooking (12) Scrapbusting (12) 80s (11) costumes (11) fabric collage (11) S#*ts and Giggles (10) Tshirt Blanket (10) vintage fabric (10) altered book (9) Covered in Stitches Contest (8) Flashback Creations (8) a good book (8) contest (8) crafting (8) flowers (8) sketching (8) Halloween (7) Sunday Best (7) Tshirt Pillow (7) beads and stones (7) books (7) Japan (6) Touch Me Thursday (6) business is an art (6) buttons (6) clothes (6) snow (6) Friends (5) Momtastic's Whimsey (5) New Mexico (5) Whimseybox (5) christmas (5) colorful blankets (5) cosplay (5) fabric (5) Albuquerque (4) Classes (4) Copic (4) Momtasterrific Craftery nights (4) needlepoint (4) painting (4) pillows (4) sewing machines (4) stuffie (4) vintage goodies (4) vintage patterns (4) aprons (3) crafting for a cause (3) doctor who (3) felt creations (3) movies (3) paper collage (3) woodland friends II (3) Acts of Kindness (2) Aki Matsuri (2) Artfire (2) Comic Con (2) Creative Lair (2) Easter (2) HB Happy Stacker (2) Mediterranean Viewscape (2) Memory Gifts (2) Memory Pillows (2) Space (2) Summer (2) UrbanThreads (2) Video Games (2) antiques (2) birthday (2) crafting event (2) dog costume (2) feltie (2) kid art (2) memory blankets (2) ornaments (2) recycling (2) roses (2) scarves (2) sculpture (2) upcycling (2) working on (2) 1 million pillowcase challenge (1) 10% (1) 70s (1) 8mm (1) ATC (1) Chinese Calligraphy (1) Craft and Cake (1) Give Back (1) Giveaway (1) Haunted House (1) Home Renovations (1) IHSW (1) Int'l Hermit and Stitch Weekend (1) Kiva (1) Lovelight (1) Monkeys (1) Mother's Day (1) Operation Castle Redo (1) Pens and Markers (1) Scotland (1) Spongebob Squarepants (1) Tabjuice (1) anime (1) architecture (1) bags (1) batik (1) colcha (1) collaboration (1) craft night (1) crocheting (1) curtains (1) decorating (1) doodle (1) forest fire (1) hair (1) jewelry (1) kid pranks (1) knick knacks (1) linens (1) manga (1) masks (1) monsters (1) nerd goodness (1) pokemon (1) printing (1) raven (1) repairs (1) ribbon (1) shells (1) snaps (1) solstice (1) star trek (1) steampunk (1) stockings (1) thread (1) vampires (1) weaving (1) website (1)